About USA

The USA has the world’s largest international student population, with over 800,000 students choosing to broaden their education and life experience in the United States. Nearly 4% of all students enrolled in higher-level education in the USA are international students, and the numbers are growing. From the mid-1950’s, when international student enrollment was only just reaching 35,000, international education in the USA has come a long way.

Every year, the number of international students in the US rises as more and more students choose the Unites States as the place they wanted to broaden their experience and continue their education. In fact, the US is now the most popular country for international students.

To look for the bright future oasis abroad study provide you genuine information to all level of students. We are giving to you detail about:-

-USA education system
– Accommodation
– Visa processing
– Study and work

Our mission is to provide the quality education which is helpful you to meet your goal .

F1 Student Visa

A Student visa or F1 visa is granted to students and is valid generally for the period of study and permission of work outside university is not allowed. A H1B visa is granted to all applicants who have obtained the work permit from INS allows him to work in the US. The F visa is for academic studies, and the M visa is for non-academic or vocational studies. A student with an F-1 visa may not accept off-campus employment at any time during the first year of study; however, the U.S. Immigration and Naturalization Service (INS) may grant permission to accept off-campus employment after one year (or 2 semesters during Internship). No permission is required for on-campus employment (which can be max. 20 hrs/week). Student visa is granted to international students who are residing outside USA and they will go back once studies are complete. have enough funds to live and support their studies.

Documents Required for F1 Visa

  •  Form I-20A-B , Certificate of Eligibility for Non-immigrant (F-1) Student Status-For Academic and Language Students or Form I-20M-N, Certificate of Eligibility for Non-immigrant (M-1) Student Status for Vocational Students.
  • SEVIS generated Form, I-20, which was provided to you by your school. You and your school official must sign the I-20 form.
  • Online Non-immigrant visa Electronic Application, Form DS-160.
  • Passport valid for travel to the United States and with a validity date at least six months beyond the applicant’s intended period of stay in the United States
  • one cooled photograph 2 X 2 inches square for each applicant, showing a full face, without head covering, against a light background.
  • Original TOEFL scores and SAT, GRE, GMAT scores (as applicable). Students going to the United States to earn a Bachelor’s degree should bring their most recent mark sheets or graduation certificates.
  • Students going the United States to earn a Ph.D. degree should bring their original undergraduate degree and mark sheets/Transcripts.
  • Spouses and minor children accompanying the student to the United States should bring marriage certificates, wedding photos, and birth certificates with them to the interview, to prove the relationship between themselves and the principal applicant.
  • A MRV fee receipt to show payment of the visa application fee.
  • The SEVIS I-901 fee receipt.


List of SEVIS (SEVIS stands for : Student and Exchange Visitor Information System.) approved schools

For F1 student visa applicants must have successfully completed a course of study normally required for enrollment, should be sufficiently proficient in English to pursue the intended course of study, should have been accepted for a full course of study by an approved educational institution, and be able to prove that sufficient funds are or will be available to defray all living and school expenses during the entire period of anticipated study in the United States.

They should also be able to establish to the satisfaction of the consular officer that they have binding ties to a residence in their country which they have no intention of abandoning and that they will return to their home country when they have completed their studies.

Visa Requirements

Evidence of clear intent to be a full-time student
At the time of your interview, you must present evidence of past academic performance (transcripts) and preparation, including English language ability (this is shown in the visa interview but could also be supported by TOEFL or IELTS scores) and previous academic success. Be prepared to explain why you chose the institution and area of study you did, keeping in mind that which college or university you chose is not nearly as important as why you chose it. You should also be prepared to discuss how your studies fit into your long-term academic and career goals.

2) Evidence of present intent to leave the United States at conclusion of studies
You must demonstrate a clear intent to depart the United States after you finish your course of study. Evidence of this intent includes showing strong economic, social, and family ties outside of the United States, such that you would be compelled to depart the United States at the conclusion of your course of study. Because we recognize students may not have formed such ties early in life, we also consider your long-term academic and professional plans, and how your course of study fits into those plans.

3) Evidence of sufficient funding sources to cover the cost of the entire education
At the time of your interview, you should be prepared to demonstrate that you have the funds to cover at least the first year of study, and a source of income for the entire period of study in the United States. If you are submitting bank statements as part of your application, we recommend including transactions for a longer period of time rather than only for a couple of days.

All applicants for a student visa must provide:

  • A passport valid for at least six months beyond your initial travel date to the United States;
  • A completed and signed original Form I-20 or DS-2019 issued and endorsed by a school official;
  • Proof of SEVIS fee payment. Please check for SEVIS payment;
  • Printed confirmation page (with barcode) from online DS-160 visa application. Dependents must complete their own separate online application (please visit the U.S. Embassy website for more information on how to apply online using the DS-160 form);
  • A receipt indicating that you paid the Nepalese Rupee equivalent of the current visa application fee to Nabil Bank, Maharajgunj (behind Namaste Super Market) Kathmandu or to a Nabil Bank branch in Biratnagar, Birgunj, Pokhara, Butwal or Nepalgunj. If you are issued a student visa, or a student dependent visa, there is an additional visa issuance fee, payable in Nepalese Rupees at the U.S. Embassy after your interview. (Issuance fees vary depending on your country of citizenship; please check
    reciprocity/index.htm for more information);
  • Original transcripts from previous academic institutions attended; and
  • Other documents that serve as supporting evidence of the student visa requirements listed above.

 Applicants with dependents must also provide:

  • Proof of the student’s relationship to his/her spouse and/or child(ren) (e.g., marriage and birth certificates, photographs, letters, emails, cards, etc);
  • Proof that the student has sufficient financial resources to cover both his/her own educational expenses as well as the expenses of his/her dependent(s);
  • If the spouse and child(ren) apply at a different time from the F1 student, they should bring a copy of the student visa holder’s passport and visa, along with all other required documents.

Keep in mind that June, July, August, November, and December are the busiest months in the Consular Section. Students should plan ahead to allow time to overcome any unforeseen problems. Students are encouraged to apply up to 120 days before the date indicated on their I-20 (for F or M visas) or DS-2019 (for J visas). Holders of F, M, or J nonimmigrant visas will not be admitted into the United States until 30 days or fewer before their program’s start date.

Student Visa Categories

The Immigration and Nationality Act provides three nonimmigrant visa categories for persons wishing to study in the United States. The “F” visa is for academic studies; the “M” visa is for nonacademic or vocational studies; the “J” visa is for exchange visitors.

Other Information


An F-1 student may not accept off-campus employment at any time during the first year of study. However, after one year, the Department of Homeland Security and the university may, in some circumstances, grant permission to engage in off-campus employment. F-1 students may accept a school’s offer for on-campus employment without DHS permission, but only if this employment appears on one’s I-20. Except for temporary employment for practical training, an M-1 student may not accept any employment while studying in the United States. For more information, see the DHS Student Information page:

Family Members

A spouse and unmarried minor children may be eligible for a nonimmigrant visa to accompany or join the student. Family members must meet all visa eligibility requirements, including evidence that they have sufficient funds for their support, and that they will depart the U.S. when the student’s program ends. Dependents must also provide a certified copy of the principal applicant’s academic transcripts and proof of enrollment as a full-time student with 12 or more credit hours. Spouses and children of students may NOT accept employment at any time, but they may study part-time while in the United States.
Same-sex spouses and their children are equally eligible for F2 derivative visas. For more information, visit

Returning Students

If you have fallen out of status in the United States, you will need to get a new I-20 and may need to pay a new SEVIS fee (see for more information). If you have continuously maintained your status but need to your renew your visa, you should still apply using the normal procedures. In addition to the information listed above, returning students should submit with their visa application:

  • A new I-20 or an I-20 issued and endorsed by a school official;
  • A certified copy of academic transcripts for each term attended and proof of enrollment as a full-time student with 12 or more credit hours;
  • Financial documents from you or your sponsor, showing your ability to cover the cost of your schooling.

F1 Visa Questions

  • Why the specified University.
  • Which Universities did you apply to (both admits and rejects).
  • Show me your GRE scorecard.
  • Where did you Undergraduate from.
  • Who is sponsoring you.
  • What does your father do.
  • What is your father’s Income.
  • How many brothers and sisters do you have.
  • Do you have any relatives in USA.
  • Why don’t you do this course in your country?
  • What will you do after completing MS.
  • Show your Experience Certificate.
  • Why Study in USA.
  • Did you got Scholarships.
  • Have you got any Loans.
  • Show your Pass Books/Bank statements.
  • What is your Undergraduate GPA/Percentage.
  • Parents retired? How will they pay.
  • Tell about your university.
  • Mention some professor names
  • Tell me how can you prove that you are gonna come back.
  • Where did your brother/parents completed their studies.
  • What’s your Religion.
  • Why are you leaving your current job?
  • Have you ever been to US?
  • What will you do after coming back to Home.
  • You have so…brothers and sisters so your fathers saving is for all how will u finance..
  • Where do your parents live (If they live in USA).
  • Do you know anyone (in USA) in your University?
  • Do you know anyone in US?
  • What will you do if your Visa is rejected.
  • Will you come back to home during summers.
  • What do you think. Why University is giving Scholarship to you.?
  • Where are you planning to stay in USA?
  • Have you paid your semester fees?


Write a Comment